So, we are into the last furlong before the Miss Gay UK final, taking place in Birmingham this Friday.Kimberley Sanger, a mere whippersnapper at 18, is the latest soldier to the Interview battlefield. Pat Benatar proclaims that love is a battlefield; I would like to ask Ms Benatar to attend the final, to see that ambition is a battlefield.
I will be accompanied to the final by my nearest and dearest, and they will all be desperate for alcohol, so if anyone wants to buy them a drink….I say, please do, it will save me at least £100.
Kimberley is from the sexy region of Swindon. I had a drunken liaison in Swindon with a married woman called Saskia, so I have nostalgic feelings about the entire county of Wiltshire.
MGUBL: “Why did you enter Miss Gay UK, and how does it feel to be stepping in for the winner?” (Shixin, who won the final, cannot make it now, so 4th place winner Kimberley has picked up the London torch)
KIMBERLEY: “I feel really proud to be representing London, the gay capital of the UK. It’s the biggest honour”
MGUBL: “The London heats were tough. Did you have a special talent to show off?”
KIMBERLEY: “Not really. I have my own special talents. I can cut my own Hair, and everybody else’s. I feel I have small unique talents”
God I need my hair done before the final. My stylist, Edwina, has gone to a health spa for colonic irrigation. Selfish cow!
MGUBL: “Tell me about your job?”
KIMBERLEY: “I am a part-time DJ for a gay venue in Swindon, and I am also a credit controller for Dolby!”
MGUBL: “Who is you’re favourite lesbian icon?”
KIMBERLEY: “Oh that’s got to be Beth Ditto, she fab. She gets naked and gyrates on her microphone stand on stage. I think she’s amazing”
MGUBL: “Talking of naked…I saw you’re Beaver in Diva. How was that photo shoot?”
KIMBERLEY (laughs,) “It was brilliant. It as a nerve-wracking experience. I forgot my robe, so they lent me one that was way too small, it did not even cover my arse. I really enjoyed it. I mean Diva asked so I couldn’t say no could I?”
For all of those leafing quickly through the latest Diva in eager anticipation turn to page 42.
MGUBL: “Do you believe in serendipity and the constant flow of the universe?”
KIMBERLEY: (Laughs,) “Sorry what?”
MGUBL “Fate, you must believe in fate, as it brought you to the Miss Gay UK Final after all?”
KIMBERLEY: “Yes, I do believe in fate?”
MGUBL: “Would you do Kelly Brooke?”
KIMBERLEY: “I have to say I wouldn’t, it’s a personality thing for me, and I would decline”
I would not kick her out of bed for eating cream crackers I can tell you…
MGUBL: “Strictly come dancing or Cirque De Celebrite?”
KIMBERLEY: “Got to be strictly come dancing. I haven’t seen the other one, is it good?”
MGUBL: “No its shite. If you like ex big brother housemates straddling a high wire whilst Ruby Wax has some psychotic episode in the ring wearing a bizarre costume, then it might be for you.”
MGUBL: “What would you bring to the community if you won Miss Gay UK?”
KIMBERLEY: “I think I would try and make being gay more acceptable. The community is too segregated. I would like to make more places gay friendly, so it begins to be classified as normal. Because it is normal to be gay!”
MGUBL: “What were you in a past life?”
KIMBERLEY: “Oh my god I was definitely a man. I think like a man, and I have the brain of a man.”
MGUBL: “Do you have any phobias?”
KIMBERLEY: “Yes, butterflies, oh I hate butterflies. I would rather sit in a bath full of snakes than have a butterfly near me”
MGUBL: “Are you going to win Miss Gay UK?”
KIMBERLEY: “I am (laughs). I would really like to win as I feel I can do really big things for Miss Gay UK. I do hope I win”
Thanks to Kimberley for a great interview. For all of you that are humming and hawing about going to Brum, let me leave this little adage for you.
Life is too short, and there will be wall-to-wall women…
Please support Miss Gay UK anyway, you can. Leah and Nina who are the organisers have been working flat out to make this a great competition.
http://www.missgayuk.co.uk/
3 comments:
BBBL
I think you are brilliant!!!! Loving your interviews, and your weird sense of humour...
Wish I was up in Brum
kimberley
congratulations for winning the title!!! you deserved it - i think you're stunning, so cute too! i shall keep this copy of DIVA forever....!
z xxx
Fancy that hey!
... By far the best of the night, and she wins!
Hey BBBL- Got this girls number i could knab!?
Post a Comment